17 Sep 2021
Western Sydney Stars in Taste Of Australia with Hayden Quinn
Western Sydney’s diverse food and culture, outstanding business owners and natural beauty will star in two upcoming episodes of Taste of Australia with Hayden Quinn on Network Ten.
The current series is a special Sydney Edition showcasing Sydney’s rich and multicultural mosaic of people, places and experiences.
This Sunday, 19 September, the MasterChef alumnus will explore the diverse flavours of Western Sydney feasting on bold Filipino flavours on the shores of Lake Parramatta.
NSW Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney Stuart Ayres said the Taste of Australia - Sydney Edition would uncover some of Sydney’s most culturally diverse neighbourhoods and showcase the lesser-known experiences that make the city so appealing for visitors.
“It’s exciting to see Western Sydney profiled through this popular lifestyle program as Hayden discovers the diversity and beauty of this special region,” Mr Ayres said.
“From paddling in a classic wooden rowboat on Lake Parramatta to preparing delicious suckling pig with acclaimed Sydney Cebu Lechon chef Will Mahusay, you’ll be inspired by the authentic experiences on offer in Western Sydney just as Hayden was.
“Sydney has a vibrant energy and a rich tapestry of experiences, from famous beaches and award-winning waterfront restaurants to its thriving multicultural neighbourhoods offering global flavours at your fingertips, as well as world-class arts, culture and entertainment after dark.
“These diverse stories help to reinforce Sydney’s standing as Australia’s truly global city, and a place to visit for unbeatable experiences for all tastes and demographics.”
On Sunday 10 October the episode will also focus on Western Sydney, featuring a visit to Bahar Persian Food and Art, 32 Bakehouse at Ryde and Cables Wake Park in Penrith.
Produced in partnership with the NSW Government through Destination NSW, Taste of Australia with Hayden Quinn: Sydney Edition features 10 of Sydney’s neighbourhoods as seen by locals, where Hayden teams up with chefs, entertainers, social influencers and media personalities to explore their pockets of the city and gain personal and local insights across the food and drink, entertainment and culture space.
Taste of Australia with Hayden Quinn: Sydney Edition is broadcast on Network Ten each Sunday at 4:30pm. The episodes are also available to stream on demand on 10 Play.
Media assets are available here: https://media.destinationnsw.com.au/hayden-quinn-unearths-sydney.
MEDIA: Emma Dunn | 0427 292 170
TASTE OF AUSTRALIA WITH HAYDEN QUINN: WESTERN SYDNEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Cebu Lechon: For over 27 years, Cebu Lechon has been producing the famous Filipino whole roasted suckling pig that draws crowds across Sydney. Hayden checks out the chef in action and buys supplies for a cook up at Lake Parramatta
- Parramatta Rowboats: With more than 70 hectares of bushland to explore and only two kilometres from the Parramatta CBD, Lake Parramatta is the perfect place to relax. Hayden enjoys the peaceful waterway of Lake Parramatta onboard a rowboat from the team at Parramatta Rowboats
- Hayden gets a taste of the world during the episode in Western Sydney, when he teams up with owner and manager of Bahar Persian Food and Art, Russoul Sajadi, in Ryde
- Bahar Persian Food & Art: A Persian Grocery and supermarket in Ryde NSW, supplying the very best in Persian produce for over 20 years
- 32 Bakehouse: Serving a wide range of fresh pastries and breads including ricotta cakes and brioche, all baked onsite daily
- Cables Wake Park, Penrith: Try your hand at cable skiing, wakeboarding and knee-boarding at this world-class facility. Hayden and world champion wakeboarder Courtney Angus stop by to watch a group enjoy a sunset wakeboard.